Monday, January 11, 2010

Solopreneurs: Strategy Change Is The Solution!

To win in the game of business you have to be willing to change strategies, a lesson that I have learned in my own business over the past three years. Let me share with you five tips on how you can change your strategy today.

By Suzanne Evans

There have been lots of new business lessons that the puppy has taught me over the last week, but none as big as tenacity. What the puppy wants the puppy will get, and not because he is bossy or begging, but because he is willing to use strange strategies. Giving up is not an option- strategy change is the solution. This made me think back on the last 3 years and building my own business. I realized I had done pretty much the same thing. To win in the game of business you have to be willing to change strategies.

You also must be comfortable with failing. Believe me, when the puppy fails his thoughts are not going to “how stupid can I be”, “I better give up”, or “this is too hard”. It’s all about- “what’s next”, “try again”, “change sides”, “change ideas”, “let’s get this done”. Many of you have tunnel vision in your business...you are seeing one problem, one solution, and one strategy. Get out of the box- get out of the box today- just like I teach multiple streams on income...you have to have multiple streams of approach for attracting clients and making money.

1) What do you need to STOP doing? It’s not bringing you business but you have some rule that you should be doing it? A referral group, organization, program, etc...eliminate one thing that is costing you time and NOT bringing you business.

2) Add one NEW element to your list building/business building strategy that you have not used before: audio, video, teleclass, networking group, article marketing, twitter, facebook, etc. Add one, but do it effectively!

3) Get consistent. Many clients tell me something isn’t working, but when I research I find they only do it on occasion or inconsistently. You must build consistency. Use this newsletter as an example- every week it comes. Every week- rain, shine, sickness, holiday because I want your to depend on me. I want you to trust me and I have to consistently show up for that to happen.

4) Change approach. I do this all the time and in the beginning of my business I had to do it even more often...I would run a teleclass and 2 people would show up. Yikes! Did I abandon? No. New approach...I would make it a point to ask 50 more people that I did the time before or change up the name or the topic. You have to zig when zagging isn’t working. To get to what the puppy wants he just changes sides. Goes under instead of over. Digs instead of climbs.

5) Give up the complaining. Business is hard. Life is tough. If this were easy- everyone would be doing it. So, when something doesn’t work- move on or change course. FAST. While you are complaining and feeling sorry for yourself I am out getting clients. I have a one -three minute rule. I get that amount of time to wish it had gone better, cry about the loss, or be disappointed and then it’s time to get back in the game and help people.

I am on a mission. Are you? I know I want to help people and I know I have a message… so I can’t complain or waste time- I gotta get to the people who need my help, so they will build strong businesses and in turn go help more people. This isn’t a job- it’s a movement. Are you leading one, too?

Suzanne Evans is best known as the 'action expert' and has coached hundreds of solopreneurs to model her multiple six figure business. Learn how you can help more people, make more money and have more fun doing what you love by signing up for your free copy of the 5-Part Mini-Course 'Awakening Your Authentic Entrepreneur' at http://www.helpmorepeople.com

No comments:

Post a Comment